At Rothwell Victoria, we want to support our families effectively to enable them to maintain high attendance levels.
Children and young people who attend regularly:
- Achieve more
- Make better progress, socially and academically
- Find school routines and expectations easier to cope with
- Enjoy learning
- Find transitions easier
The attendance target is 96% and with your help we can achieve this.
If your child is not going to be attending school, it is extremely important that you contact us to advise us of the reason for the absence. In line with our safeguarding policy, we have a duty of care to ensure that children are safe. We can become concerned when we do not receive communication from parents/carers. This results in time being spent phoning/sending texts/leaving voicemails and carrying out home visits.
If your child says they are not feeling too well, but show no obvious signs of sickness, upset stomach or fever then give medicine where appropriate, bring to school and advise the member of staff on the school gate or in the office. School will monitor the child and we will contact you if necessary.
If you are required to take your child out of school during term time, you must complete a leave of absence request form, available from the school office. Although holidays during term time WILL NOT be authorised, a form must still be submitted. REMEMBER if you take your child out of school for a holiday you will run the risk of receiving a fixed penalty notice for the family.
If your child has a medical appointment, please bring a copy of the letter or appointment card to school; it will be copied for your child’s records. If we do not receive this the absence may be recorded as unauthorised. For mid-morning/afternoon appointments please try and enable the children to get their registration marks before being collected as this will avoid appointments impacting their attendance.
Mrs McManus is the Pastoral Welfare Officer and is responsible for monitoring attendance in school. If you have any concerns regarding your child's attendance please don't hesitate to speak to her.
The School Day
- School gates open at 8.30am for a staggered start for Upper and Lower Key Stages and doors open for registration at 8.50am.
- Breakfast Club provision is available from 8am at a cost of £2 per day or from 8.25am at no cost (places are limited and must be booked)
- Children arriving after 8.50am should be signed in at the school office. Children arriving after registers close at 9.00am will be allocated a late mark.
- If your child is ill or unable to come to school, please contact the school office before 9.10am.
- Afternoon registration is at 1.15pm.
- The school day ends at 3.10- 3.20pm. Children should be collected promptly.
Click here for information about holidays in term time
Click here to see the Parent's Attendance Guide (including FAQ's)
Click here to see the full school Attendance Policy
Click here to see the Rothwell Cluster Attendance Policy
Click here to see the Attendance Action Plan
Click here to see the latest attendance data
Click here to see Children Missing Education Guidance
Click here to see The Penalty Notice Leaflet
Click here to see Admission Arrangements
Good attendance at Rothwell Victoria is celebrated in many different ways, such as:-
- Weekly prize draws for children with 100% attendance
- Attendance Cup awarded weekly to the class with the highest attendance
- Termly certificates for 100% attendance
- Pizza Party for the highest attending class each term.
- Non-uniform day for 96% attenders each term.
- Certificates for children who achieve the 96% target for the year.
- End of year reward for children with 100% attendance for the year.
Click on the Attendance Winners tab to see the latest winners