Governing Body Members
Rothwell Victoria Junior Governing Board
Chair – Mr Stuart Ward Vice Chair - Mrs Sarah Birkenshaw
The constitution of the governing board is:
- 1 x Local Authority (LA) governor, recommended by the LA and approved by the governing board
- 2 parent governors, formally elected through a ballot of parents unless the election is uncontested
- 5 co-opted governors, nominated and appointed by the governing board
- 1 staff governor, formally elected by staff employed at school
- 1 associate members, appointed by the governing board (can/can not vote in committee meetings)
The governing board operates with the following committees:
- Resources committee - responsible for staffing including the appointment and role of the SENCO, equality and diversity, finance, property management, health and safety and nutritional standards.Committee chair – Mrs Sarah Birkenshaw
- Teaching and Learning / Pupil Support Committee - responsible for teaching and learning matters including target setting, standards and achievement, SEN (including reporting annually on the success of the SEN policy), monitoring teaching and learning and curriculum provision, ensuring that the governing board is represented at school improvement discussions, behaviour, safeguarding, attendance, children’s spiritual moral social and cultural development, children, parent and staff voice, extra-curricular activities, cluster and other partnerships.Committee chair – Mr Richard Hall
- Pay Review committee – responsible for ensuring the implementation of the school Pay Policy and Teacher Appraisal Policy.
- Pay Appeal committee – responsible for hearing pay appeals and ensuring a fair and proper process has been followed.