A Happy Place to Learn
Victoria Junior School
Leeds, West Yorkshire LS26 0RA
Please contact Mrs S Ramskill on:
0113 393 2926
At Rothwell Victoria School we are committed to providing a caring, friendly and safe environment for all of our pupils so they can learn effectively in a relaxed and secure atmosphere, improve their life chances and help them maximise their potential. Children are aware that bullying of any kind is unacceptable at our school.
We expect pupils to feel safe in school and on school journeys. We want them to understand issues relating to safety, such as bullying, and know to seek support from school should they feel unsafe.
If bullying does occur, all pupils should be able to tell someone and know that incidents will be dealt with promptly and effectively. Our child-friendly anti-bullying policy states that children must tell if they are being bullied or if they know of someone else being bullied.
A Definition of Bullying
There is no legal definition of bullying. But it is usually defined as repeated behaviour over time which is intended to hurt someone either emotionally or physically, and is often aimed at certain people because of their appearance, religion, behaviour, disabilities or illness, family, even how well you are doing at school or how popular you are. It is always best to try and dismiss bullying remarks. If a bully sees that they can upset you then they will keep trying. Many people are the victim of bullying and it is important to remember that no-one should be bullied.
· people calling you names
· making things up to get you into trouble
· hitting, pinching, biting, pushing and shoving
· taking things away from you
· damaging your belongings
· stealing your money
· taking your friends away from you, not including you in activities
· posting insulting messages or rumours, in person, on the internet or social media sites (cyber bullying)
· threats and intimidation
· making silent or abusive phone calls
· sending you offensive phone texts
· bullies can also frighten you so that you don't want to go to school, so that you pretend to be ill to avoid them